About Delaware and National FFA
Delaware FFA is a student organization with more than 8,500 state members. We are part of the National FFA, whose membership is over 557,000 students nationwide as well as Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. The State and National organization is dedicated to making a positive difference in the lives of young people by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth, and career success through agricultural education. Our agriscience education programs provide a well-rounded approach to learning through classroom education in agriscience topics, hands-on career experiences, and FFA, which provides leadership opportunities and tests students’ agriscience skills. FFA members may choose to enter the workforce directly or pursue higher degrees through technical schools and four-year universities. Through participation in active learning throughout their classes and FFA, Delaware FFA Members are preparing for careers in agricultural marketing, processing, education, horticulture, production, biotechnology, natural resources, forestry, agribusiness and other diverse agricultural fields.
Delaware FFA Theme for 2013-2014
Purpose of the Organization
- To unite in a common bond for students enrolled in class with agriscience as their objective without regard to race, creed, sex, or national origin.
- To develop agriscience leadership through participation in career and technical education, civic, recreational, and social activities.
- To assist students in establishing realistic agriscience training and employment objectives.
- To provide activities which give practical application to classroom learning.
- To develop the ability of students to plan together, organize and carry out worthy activities and projects through the use of the democratic processes.
- To promote high standards in ethics, workmanship and scholarship.
- To develop and strengthen confidence of agriscience students in themselves and their work.
- To develop a cooperative attitude among students.
- To provide social and recreational activities, which promote healthy lifestyles.